Passport help

I have never gotten a passport in my life so I am full of stupid questions on this area.

How much are they?
Where can I get them at?
About how long does it take to get them?

My kids are ages 3, 2, and 1 will they need passports as well?? Are they cheaper?

Like I said this is all new to me, we are planning a huge trip next year which requires going to Canada so I am just trying to see how fast we need to get started on this.

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 6:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Travel

• Your local post office can get them for you. Just call them up and ask them the details. One thing though, getting your picture taken at Wal-greens is cheaper than letting them do it!
    And definitely get that done early so you don't have to worry later!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can look up all the information online. You order them at the post office (I know; odd place).
    Anonymous

• One more thing that you may or may not notice on the website. If you do not have the children's father apply for the passport at the same time, you need to have a specific form notarized. It is to ensure that you aren't trying to steal your children. The form is on the website.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thank you all! I am currently getting my questions answered and I will be going to Walgreens for the photo :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• balagan not a problem My husband and I were just going to go down and get it all taken care of at once as a family, he is the father to all 3 lol so no worries about needing to take anyone else :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Go to the post office.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• even newborns need a passport...prices change depending on your area, best bet is to just go in and talk to someone about it and your needs
    MillieJ

Answer by MillieJ at 1:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010