If you voted today...were there any problems?

Did you have to wait in line for a long time? Did you have trouble with the ballot? Did you have to wade through a picket line of political sign wavers before you could get to the polls? Any other difficulty. Just curious. We have early voting here, and I think about 50% of the total voted early. I voted today, trying to miss the long early viting lines, and had no difficulty at all-hoping you all experienced the same.

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 6:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I went after school--3:30PM, and was 7th in line of 12 people. When I got up to the registration books, my ID was checked and name recorded on a separate roster, then I was given the number 1807--which from past voting history at the same location, means I was the 1807th person voting there today.

My town has 5 voting locations for a population of about 15,000 residents--about 2/3 are adults. My husband went after I got home, and he asked the guy issuing the voter numbers, and was told that in "off year" elections, this location typically sees only about 400 voters!!! So we were stoked to know that with more than 4 hours to go, our voting place had more than 4 times the normal number of voters!! WOOT!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No problems at all. I marked my ballot, put it into the machine, got my sticker "I VOTED" and left,.there were maybe 10 people voting at that time---but I bet there will be a whole lot more after school and after dinner.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no problem at all. i was one of 6 voters in there

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It was quick and painless for me too. I checked out the parking lots of a couple of polling places before I found one that was relatively empty. I was in and out in 30 minutes. My sister went to a different polling place and it took her 2 hours. We have early voting available here too and before the polls opened today it is estimated 46% of the voters had already cast their ballots.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We voted early, last week, no problems… : )
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no line, no wait....I made a mistake on the ballot (kind of embarrassing, I had my glasses ON!) and voted for two people for same position. Whooops.
    But in a nearby district they ran out of ballots. People were turned away and asked to come back in an hour. I think you'll be hearing about it on the national news because our Governor race was on the ABC evening news last night. So, if there's controversy, you'll hear about it....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I voted at 5:30 . the ladies told me there were 2 men that came in and said they were there to fix the machines..but there wasnt anything wrong with the machines and they were not who they said they were.

I was voter 215

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• went to the wrong venue first, then came to find out that although I am registered to vote, I was not in the computer for the right town. How that got messed up I really am not sure. The address that popped up for me was the one I lived at 3 years ago at least. I had moved away from there to another town (and voted there 2 years ago, no problems). We moved to the current place and somehow my husband's registration was fine while mine got messed up, even tho we registered on the same day. But the poll workers were nice about it an we did get it fixed so I could go ahead and vote. Other than that glitch, no problems.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Voter 1113

No problems ..I live in a very rural mountain town..and the polls were a few miles up the road @ the cc...I didn't have to wait at all
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh and I went early this afternoon before folks got off work
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010