Why am I too Nice?!?!?!?!?!?!

I go to leave my house about 2:15 this afternoon. As Im walking out the door, I say hey to my roomate and Im off to get my son and then work. As Im walking out she was like. OH hey, I have to work tonight and wont be off til 12:30, so i wont be home till about 1am. tonight my husband (leaving names out) has to work but but will stay as late as he can which is about 10:45pm... baby will be in her playpen in our room and should stay asleep till I get home. NOT ONCE DID SHE ASKED IF I MINDED WATCHING THE BABY FOR HER!! I have my son tonight cause I wanted to spend time with him and what not. I have to be up at 630 to get awake lol and ready to take him to school... WTF?!?! I text my bf when I left and hes like "since when?" Im like since I started walking out the door to get my son from school (we all live together)... hes like WOW.. im like yeah no shit.. why cant I get mad at them for being inconsiderate ?!?

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• That's selfish. If a baby wasn't involved I'd say punch her. haha.

Maybe you're too nice cuz there's a child involved. What would she do if you pulled that on her? I would ask her that.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It sounds like you and your roommate do not have well defined boundaries. Time to get some. Check this book out: Boundries

squish

Answer by squish at 1:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm sure that it's harder for you to say something, because of the child involved. What I would do, is to sit her down, tell her that you don't appreciate the fact that she just assumed you would watch her child. You need to let her know, that you aren't a doormat for her to walk all over. I don't mean that rudely, just that she needs to know that she has to ask you to do things, not just tell you. I think if y'all are going to continue to live together, you most definitely need to define boundaries, and set rules. I'm sure it's not always easy living with another family. I hope that y'all can work things out. And don't be afraid to tell her something. You don't have to be rude about it, you can be sweet as pie, and still get your point across. Good luck!
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010