Do you think that 26 is too young to have a baby?

I ask because my fiance and I of 3 years are expecting a little one and his friend told us that he isn't happy for us and that we are too young to have a baby (mind you I already have a son from a previous marriage). I'll be 27 next month and feel I am plenty old enough to have a baby and cannot believe the nerve of his friend!

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No. I had my first baby when I turned 26 and I had already been married for 5 yrs. Maybe something else is bugging him and he just doesn't want to say what it is?
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 6:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• sounds like his friend is jealous either of the baby or afraid that the baby is going to take his friend away.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• The age of 25-30 is supposed to be the perfect time to have babies. I don't know what the deal is with your friend. Dumb.
    Congratulations!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Of course not.

By the time I turned 27 I had 3 kids (they were 3, 2 and 1).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Wow, some people have nerve! 26 is not too young.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Congratulations!!!! First of all - Age Is Just A Number... Second of all - as long as you and your SO are in love then all is well. ''All You Need Is Love''. Thirdly - as long as you and your SO are emotionally, physically and financially ready for child #2 then ''Bravo''. So to your SO's friend - he can mind his own business, I doubt you all called him to ask him for permission to ''Make The Baby'' and unless he's called DAD it's really none of his Business..... Good Luck and Congratulations Once Again.pregnant belly

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• it is sad when people (like that guy) dont grow up - then they get bitter that the people around them are growing up. you are old enough and you know it. it is his problem alone.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i had my first at 19 and that was too young! 26 is a great age to have a baby!
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 6:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think whatever age you are mentally and financially capable of taking care of a baby is the perfect age.
    I had my first when I was 21 almost 22.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Having children at a younger age is supposed to ensure that you have healthy babies or less complications.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010