Obama & Healthcare

So with Obamas health care package that everyone should have insurance and such. We have had health care coverage all along. But, now we get the knife stuck to us yet once again. We will have to pay 15% more in the coming weeks for coverage and a more then double co pay but yet if we were on Welfare we could just walk into the clinic and be taken care of. Now, how am I going to take us to the dr when they are taking all of our money for more insurance and a higher co pay when those of you sitting on your butts will get the covearge I am paying for & not be able to go to the dr because all of our money will be taken out in all the other costs. Now, how is Obamas health care fair to those of us that have been paying for years? I am totally pissed!

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel the pain too OP. Our insurance went up so much this year that we had to ditch doctor's visits and stop taking necessary perscriptions. Then, DH took a job with another company and the new insurance doesn't kick in for 3 months (beginning of January). Even if we DID qualify for assistance, we would never accept it. We were raised that WE provide for our family, and if we have to do without, then that is what we will have to do. We will make it work if we have a tragedy. I would never expect someone else to foot the bill. I'm down with helping a family or two get back on their feet after an unfortunate event, but I'm not going to lay down and pay for everyone's misfortune or lack of ambition. I VOTED! Buh bye HC bill! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the results to come in from the polls.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thats why you get out and vote and try to change that. GO VOTE
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Good! No offense but I'm glad you are pissed. We got off easy this year with a $20 a month raise in cost for insurance. It will only get worse by 2014 when employee shared or provided ins. has all kinds of restrictions and costs added to it. I'm all for repealing it and starting over using some common sense.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeah, I hear ya. Our's is going up as well, thanks so much Obama! (sarcasm intended, as I'm rolling my eyes).
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 6:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• yep..that's what i wanted to know. i guess in their eyes, if you can afford to pay for health insurance and/or copays, its must be like wringing ripe cherries off the tree to pay for whatever else you need...in other words, if you've worked and saved got two pennies, give them to someone who hasn't worked and has none. :o!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Part of the problem in this country is the insurance companies, they can charge whatever they want and get away with it. The HCB will not be able to help those with insurance, and it has nothing to do with anyone sitting on their butts unable to find work. The HCB will eventually regulate the insurances companies to stop them from charging an arm and a leg. That hasn't taken affect yet. If you have insurance be damn glad. Get your finances in order to balance your budget differently so you'll have your co-pay money in case of emergencies. I had to do it, many Americans have to adjust their budget from time to time... sorry you are so bitter. Blame the corrupt insurance companies not people who get insurance via the government.
    Anonymous

• Life is not fair!

And progressives make it less fair

Part of the problem in this country is the insurance companies, they can charge whatever they want and get away with it.

The biggest problem is gov regulation to begin with.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I did and I won't be voting for him when the time comes. Well, actually I DIDN'T VOTE HIM IN EITHER!
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Couldnt have said it a better way anon.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Amen Anon.

As of next month, every single Executive employee at my Husband's Co will have a HSA in lieu of standard HCI- we have had this for years, by choice. It will save the Co a boatload of money because deductibles are so much higher. I did hear that upcoming changes in tax laws would affect HSAs- I guess we'll see what happens.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010