What should I get for my son when I have my 2nd child?

I want to do something fun with my lil man. He deserves everything, Im due at the end of April 2011, and I want this to be fairly easy on him. I was advised to get him a gift from the baby.. have any of you done this for the older sibling? if so how did it turn out??? I dont want tristan to be left out..

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• attention is all he needs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My second child is due in May 11, and I plan on making a shirt for my son to wear at the hospital that says "I'm a big brother!!" and to remind everyone to congradulate him to. Having a baby is a big event but I don't want him to feel left out.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My oldest was 2 1/2 when his sister was born. He was SOOO into dinosaurs so we got him a sticker book with dinos in it. It not only made him feel special, but then it gave him something to do while visiting us. We were there for 3 days and we wanted him there as much as possible. I remember him climbing up on the bed and we'd put the stickers on together. Find something he's interested in and go with it.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010