Need some ideas..

So I'm hosting a table at my church's Christmas Dessert again this year. Last year was my first year doing it and I had a blast. Well, one of the things that you are expected to have is a small gift for each of the ladies at your table. There are 7-8 people at each table. The price limit is $3/gift. Last year, my daughter helped me pick out little angel snow globes from the dollar store, but I only did that because I didn't know until the last minute that I would actually be hosting a table. This year, I have plenty of time to figure out what to get.
So if you were going to an even like this, what kind of things would you like to get? I want my gifts to be something people think are nice and will actually WANT to use. So what are your ideas- keeping the price limit in mind?

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Do you have any crafts fairs coming up soon? That would be a great place to get ideas or some gifts. If not you could make some potpourri things to give out. Or Target has that $1.00 bin that has some really cute things in there.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• What about a scented holiday candle wrapped in netting with some holiday trim. Wal-mart had some in little jars for $1, and the labels came off nicely.

I've done holiday "crackers" made from toilet paper tubes, filled with hershey's kisses and hugs, and put a little piece of paper that says holiday hugs and kisses from:

Maybe a small picture frame, bookmarks can be really cute, and you can make custom ones if you're crafty.

Check the Current Catalog they often have cute ideas for just a dollar or two.

Have fun!

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• im all about making things like bookmarks or picture frames.

today, i bought magnetic refrigerator picture frames and bought a 3 pack of puffy paint and my kids will be decorating a border around the frame with the puffy paint for thier godparents.

last year i bought pieces of fleece and made tie blankets...they were mini doll blankets since i didnt make them very big, no sewing either.

you could buy mini baskets and fill it with a candy too
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Craft fairs are a great idea for inexpensive creative gifts. Last year I bought tiny clay ornaments for $1 each.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies. I'll keep them in mind. Anyone else have suggestions??
    Megs5384

Comment by Megs5384 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010