why cant Santa exist in my house?

this is nothing about telling the cursed "theres no santa" line, its more so, why cant mommy ever give her baby boy the best christmas ever and that he deserves???? I about cried earlier cause I was telling my bf i cant do anything this year, and he says, he will get gifts... yeah but not from me or "santa". :*( he is 6 1/2 and I have only gotten him 2 gifts at most.. I cant afford it. its sad im still not in a better place with money. I mean im happy he not spoiled and will appreciate what he has more cause of that fact, but just once I want to fill the tree with soooo much that he just glows!!! I HATE MONEY..

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• But sweety he does exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only he is financially strapped this year, but he still exists@!!!He will glow no matter what is under this tree!

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• what's he gonna do with a bunch of toys/stuff that the tree 'glows'? most kids don't need or even want half of what they get when they get so much. don't beat yourself up over your finances/not affording a bunch of stuff at xmas. its better to give him a few things you know he'll appreciate then to show him an example of wastefulness and overspending when you can't afford it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Your child will remember more of the time he spent with you, rather than any gift you could ever give him.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yeah our 'Santa' is gonna be skimpy this year also. It IS sad. You as the adult get used to these huge Christmases. I have to keep telling myself that my kids won't care. It's really hard to make myself believe it though. I will be hitting the dollar stores and dollar alley at Target for the next several weeks to bulk out what I have, which isn't much. WE were gonna do layaway but I'm not sure we even have enough to keep up with the payments so I am giving it a miss.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh Honey, I am so sorry you are going through this. Is there anyway at all next year to start sooner? Just small gifts even. Give him 1 gift from Santa and 1 from you guys. Cnady canes and such are cheap, make him some things if you can. Good will Salvavtion army, get him on the tree for gifts. United Way they are things see if there is anything at your school, they do adopt kids at our school check out everything you can.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• :) very true........ I guess its maybe just me feeling like I should do more.. but he does appreciate the smaller things when given, he lights up with a 1.00 hot wheels car from walmart check out :) lol
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• remember op, Christmas is more the spirit of giving than what you actually give.

Answer by older at 7:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my son probably won't have a christmas this year but it's ok...i am broke. Jobs are hard to come by and I am a single parent.... If he is young then it won't matter anyways. Churches always holds something special..for christmas... I am gonna walk around and show my lil one the christmas lights that ppl had put up for the holidays. Drink some eggnog and put an a christmas movie (we have no cable or basic tv). Can't afford basic tv :).... Hopefull the Lord will bless you next year..maybe even as soon as this year. As far as santa goes maybe he can let you borrow money and pay him back so you can get some gifts from santa to your child
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 7:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Give him what he truly will appreciate, your time and attention. That doesn't cost you anything and, believe me, when he's a teenager, you'll be glad you did it. Decorations can be made inexpensively and you can get quite a few fun things for him at a dollar store which he'll love just as much as the expensive stuff. Don't ruin it for either one of you by being miserable.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can do what I do. If you have $20 you can provide a fairly nice Christmas for a 6 year old. Go to the dollar store (we like Dollar Tree) and you can buy coloring books, art supplies, reading books, small toys, and Christmas candies for only $1 each. You can afford to fill his stocking and still give him a few things to open from you and from Santa if you can just get stuff from the Dollar stores. Also, buying craft supplies to make decorations is much better money spent than buying gifts. My kids remember making the crafts more than they remember the presents. And watching Christmas movies, driving around to see the lights, and going to the candle light service at church on Christmas eve :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010