Molasses

What is Molasses and what is it used for? I'm kinda of a "new" cooker/baker and I'm trying to get to know what is used frequently. Sorry if its a stupid question!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I absolutley LOVE Molasses cookies! So yummy!!!!!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It's great in homemade bbq sauce. Molasses taffy is delicious. It goes well in gingerbread or any kind of spiced muffins or breads. Also, this is a country thing. I live in Arkansas. But it's good. Take a fresh biscuit, slather it with butter and pour molasses on it. Yummy :)
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 7:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It is a by product of refining sugar. They sometimes use it on cow grain. I absolutely love molasses cookies. I just bought a new jar last week. Only one clerk knew where to find it and she was an older lady. The youngsters just looked at me. It was with the syrups. I was looking with the baking products.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010