My mom's had weird symptoms for over a month...

First she had terribly chapped lips & didn't know why. Shortly after one side of her face went numb and so did her lips. That started back in mid-September! Two days ago the eye on the side of the face where it's numb started to bother her and then she got a fever blister on her lip - which she never gets. Her symptoms corresponded with shingles but doc says "no". Also, her BP was 158/90 & she hasn't had problems with it before. Does any of this sound familiar to anybody? I'm so worried. Stroke crossed my mind...?

blessed3times

Asked by blessed3times at 5:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Health

• 158/90 is kinda high now. The docs(I have HBP) told me it needs to be around 120/80. And they say this is with everyone. The fevver blisters and chapped lips sounds like she had a fever lately. Thats what always happens to me when I get a fever. The numbness sounds like stroke, but, you said she saw a Doc and I am sure he knows. Did they give her meds for HBP?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Keep on the doctor to find out what is going on... If the doctor doesn't want to continue to try to find the problem, switch doctors! Is there anything else? Trouble walking, talking, making sentences (that make sense), headaches, anything? I hope everything is alright!
    JoeMama

Answer by JoeMama at 6:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• A friend once had a condition like this except for the fever blisters. She was diagnose with Bell's Palsey ( i hope that the name). Any way, look it up and see if it fits. It was caused by a scratch or bite from a cat. It was temporary and ended up going away within a few months. Good Luck! I hope she gets well soon.
    kdd1209

Answer by kdd1209 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008