Help!!!!I am 33 weeks pregnant adult content

I am 33 weeks and last week i had amniotic fluid leaking, it was quite a lot but i ended up going to the local hospital before i went to my regular hospital. The local hospital did a test to make sure it was amniotic fluid and it was positive, but when i got to my regular doctor they said it wasnt amniotic fluid but i was having contractions and i was effaced 50% and dialted to 1. All they did was stop my contractions and send me home. the days after that i still have been having discharge and strong contractions. I dont know whats going on but im thinking im going into labor soon, can anyone help

Madgio1

Asked by Madgio1 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just wanted to let you know if you have your baby early he or she has a great chance for survival I had my 1st son at 33 weeks 5 days and he was fine he only stayed in the hospital 11 days good luck hun.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Did they give you meds to take orally to stop the comtractions? Samething happen to me when I was 30wks with my first child they stop my contractions and i had to take meds every 4 to 6 hours and I was on strict bed rest.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• They just gave me one single shot and sent me home, but i didnt even make it to my house before the contractions started again..
    Madgio1

Comment by Madgio1 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• The same thing happened to me with my daughter. They even admitted me to the hospital and tried giving me meds to induce labor. They ended up sending me home after 36 hours. I had her a week later. Everything was fine. I was closer to my due date though. I was at about 39weeks.
    Did they do an ultrasound to check the amount of fluid around the baby? That's what they did with me. They also determined that I had a small hole in the placenta and that's why I was leaking fluid. The leaking stopped for one of two reasons. 1)Part of the baby, most likely her head, was one the hole. or 2) It had sealed itself closed. They never did figure it out, but whatever it was, it stopped. I hope that everything turns out alright with you and baby.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would look more into that if i was you. Because that 33 wks is to soon for you to be having the baby not trying to scare you are anything but the baby lungs or not develop until the 36 weeks. I would go back to the hospital if i was you.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i would be sure to tell your doctor everything you are describing to me. unfortunately many of the drugs that are given to stop labor don't really work :( i suspect that the shot they gave you might be steroids for lung development? my son was born at 33 weeks. he did worse than most 33 weekers and was in the hospital for 26 days. it SUCKS to have your baby in the NICU. but like PP said, it's extremely likely that your baby will be healthy after the first few weeks. HUGS! i have been there so i know the fear you are feeling. hopefully you're not in labor and you have your baby in a few weeks. :)
    for my son, i didn't have a steroid shot until it was too late, if i had one sooner, he probably would have been out of the NICU much sooner.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• btw, now my son is 6 months old and perfectly healthy and happy
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010