More of a vent rather than a question...

Today was a very rough day for me. I work at a friends in home daycare and for a while now she has let her life problems get in the way of daily work of taking care of the kids and I usually end up dealing with my own son (22 months old) and her son almost 4 and 9 other kids ranging from ages 2 months to 4. I have tried my best to keep all comments and thoughts to myself, but today was just overwhelming and I bursted into tears b/c I just felt so inadequate in doing my job. I blurted out 'I just want to quit and go home!' but i'm pretty sure she didn't realize what I said or meant by it. I am just so tired of doing EVERYTHING while she cleans her house, does laundry for her family and deals with her life situations while we should be taking care of the children! I just don't know how to confront her about all this without making her feel as though I am attacking her in anyway. :( I am just tired of it all.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well put the shoe on the other foot and ask how she would feel if it were in your home and you left her to deal with 10 kids while you clean...
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Girl, you need to just tell her! Or find another sitter/job!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ask if you can talk to her about something, but find a time when you can talk without interruptions. Ask her if she realizes you are with the kids alone at times like when she does her laundry, cleans the house, etc. Ask her if she finds this appropriate. Tell her you are not capable of watching all the children by herself. Stay calm and polite no matter what. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010