Have any of you ever had an out of body experience? If so, what happened?

It may sound crazy, but I had one, I was TERRIFIED, I was a senior in high school and I went to bed, and when I "woke up" I was at the top of my ceiling. I was soooo scared, everytime I calmed down, I would slowly float to the floor, but when I got nervous again, I would float back up in the air. I could see through myself, and I could see my sister laying sleep in the bed next to mines (we shared a room). I was trying to run into my oldest sisters room to tell her...LOL. I kept hearing this STRANGE noise, a noise weird like something out of the twilight zone. Finally, I floated back into the air and back into my body. I woke up CRYING almost screaming, and gave my life to the Lord. What happened when it happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never happened to me , I would freak! If you want answers about this find a  metaphysical group on CM.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 6:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• wow that never happen to me but im glad you are serving the Lord that great. God is good
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I haven't ever had one, but my grandma was dying of breast cancer, and she told us before she died that she was lying on the couch taking a nap and she *woke up* and was floating above her body, she could see herself lying on the couch sleeping.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I kinda sorta did. I was in a coma and was in this room, and a screen kept saying that I was not suppose to be there, it wasn't my time. My guardian angel was sitting beside me , I never saw her face. The screen kept saying it wasn't my time and in the next 2 days I was awake. The doctors had told my family I was going to die that there was nothing they could do.It wasn't scary, but, I do live my life different, and I do know I have a 2nd chance, and I do know that I haven't finished out my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I had sleep paralysis before. I woke up and could see even though my eyes were closed. I felt like I was shaking out of my body. I couldnt move, I kept thinking about my daughter. I kept thinking "This is what dying feels like"
    But it was just a case of being exhausted from having a newborn which caused my mind to wake up before my body could. It was scary any
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• yes.
    its been bad and good...i go to sleep and i start to feel numb and tingly...then paralysis sets in, now sometimes i get an extreme sense or danger around me....and i force myself out of this (long story) others it feels secure and i go with it. i start to feel a sharp harsh wind, it stings then it stops and i hear leaves rustling, ist calm and serene etc et
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yes, I have had an out of body experience, more than one actually. In one, I saw a fire melt a fire alarm in my mother's (non-walkable0 attic. Tried to slap it out, but my hand went through the flames, so I screamed "OK, then. NO AIR!!!!" I woke up holding my breath, then gasping then crying. I called her long distance (from TX to the east coast) and made her swear to get the batteries changed.

When the guy laid down the planks to go change the batteries. He asked my dad how they put out the fire in the attic where no one could walk. Then he showed them the melted. fire alarm.

Nope, I didn't see any reason to go beserkers and become a christian to avoid my gift. I am grateful to have it.
    Anonymous

• Medically I had a grand-mal seizure. You know, heart stops, lips turn blue, etc.

I felt like my soul left my body and I met an angel, lots of warm light, etc.. (That's the short version of the story)
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 1:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2008