Can too much stress cause you to MC?

This has been a really stressful week and it isn't getting any better, I had a break down today and I know if it's not healthy for me, it can't possibly be healthy for the baby. I just wanna know if it can cause me to MC because I heard most women do so within the first 13weeks of pregnancy.

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 7:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They dont know how stress causes miscarriages but women with high levels of emotional or physical stress miscarry more. So, sit down, relx, breath and take to take it as easy as you can. Life is just hard sometimes and you have to deal. Try and be as stress free as possible. Hope everything works out for your and your little peanut.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• from what i heard yes but i'm not to sure.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes it can cause someone to MC. So with that said you need to try and relax.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• As a woman who has had an unepained miscarriage.... I think its an impossible question to ask. Every woman lives with stress, every woman copes with it differently. Personally, I think stress is something ot avoid in any pregnancy but I also don't believe that stress alone will cause a miscarriage. While you may never know what the cause of a miscarriage is, be it chromosomal abnormality, hormonal imbalance, or just bad luck, stress is not going to make the situation any easier. now, personally, I was homeless for the first 3 weeks of my pregnancy, and when i did get a roof over my head it was sharing walls with a drug addict and sleeping on the cold, heatless january floor of the living room. Do I think things may have gone differently if i hadn't been going through so much stress.... no, I think my miscarriage was meant to be. But I also think that I stuggled more with healing because of my stress. Best of luck to you.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 8:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010