Mirena removal and pregnancy adult content

My issue - we did the dirty and didn't protect ourselves (eekkk) =). We want to try very soon if not now to have our third and last child (so it's not an Oops were prego situation). My question? I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they came up negative. I had my Mirena taken out on September 14th. I had my menstrual cycle on the 17th through the 21st. I have not had a cycle since. I have not had a period in 42 days!!!! I have been sick to my stomach for the past week but not sure if maybe i just have a bug? Nothing too icky though =)

Have any of you gotten off of the Mirena and had similar things happen? I did a blood test (for other things) in the beginning of October and nothing came up, which I'm not sure if it even would that early. And please don't be too harsh on me.

I have tried looking up online about the Mirena and this is what I have found:

Once Mirena is removed, your menstrual cycle will com

gavansmommy

Asked by gavansmommy at 7:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• everyone i know who has it removed goes back to being regular and gets pregnant as soon as they want to, but i have not personally had it and im basising it off of the 3 women ive talked to about it. so maybe youre testing too early, if not keep trying:)
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I just got mine out in September too. I had two periods almost back to back. I have heard that some women have some trouble getting back on track right after it comes out. It was recommended to me to go on pills for at least three months to get my cycle reregulated. I would call your OB and let them know what is going on.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When I got my IUD I told my OB that we were planning in the near future. I asked her about other types of birth control and she told me not to get on anything. She said just use condoms. Like I said it is not unwanted or necessarily unplanned. It would just be nice to either have my period or know that I'm preggo.
    gavansmommy

Comment by gavansmommy (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010