weird question... adult content

Have you ever slept in bed with your grandfather? I remember him telling me to get in bed with him when I was about 4 (we were visiting them for Christmas), and I remember feeling uncomfortable, but I obeyed him. I don't remember anything after that though...and now when I think about it, it seems sort of weird.

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 7:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Given the amount of true stories there are about that sort of thing happening I wouldn't like to think about what may have happened. The reason you can't remember anything else about it may be caused by supressed memories. I only hope that you don't let the worry of any potential 'untoward' occurance ruin the rest of your life. (((HUGS)))
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I don't know how old you are or if there were other beds to sleep in. In some familys it is not uncommon. It is definately not uncommon to feel uncomfortable about it. Given that you don't remember anything after that could be that you fell asleep?? Sometimes our minds can create issues where there are none. Now if you start having little memories pop into your head or something, then, I would worry about it. Were there any other issues with him?
    HelenCarlene

Answer by HelenCarlene at 8:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• no
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have that same issue, but with my mom's brother. But, my niece was there, so I made HER sleep in the middle. There are other issues, like he'd make me sit on his lap all the time when I was little, I hated it. I don't remember anything specific, like touching, but he makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Notice I said 'my mom's brother', not 'my uncle'. I don't want my kids around him.
    Anonymous

• I fell asleep with my grandpa all the time.We used to lay in his bed and watch his TV while my grandma was watching her soaps at night in the living room. I agree with what Helen said about it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I guess sleeping with my grandpa would be normal...if I was in someone else's family. We never, ever slept with aunts, uncles, grandparents, or cousins older than us. We didn't even kiss our relatives...at all. We're not a close family like that. So that's why my crystal clear memory of my grandpa asking me to get in bed with him, during our once-a-year visits, is so strange.
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I never had a grandfather, both died while I was a baby, however my brother and I often spent the night at our grandmother's house. I would share a bed with her while my brother slept on the pull out couch.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I also feel that I should say that I don't think anything bad happened [like molestation], but its so strange that I can't help be be curious about the whole situation. I'm a curious person by nature....its a character flaw..lol
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010