Why do moms think that they don't need to still look nice and sexy

When they have kids and a husband us moms still need to look good for our man!!!!

ToniT_of_2

Asked by ToniT_of_2 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• we own our own company, we both work full time, 4 boys, only 3 in school. i CAN still look good and sexy, but now my priorities have changed some. my looks are not the first thing i or my hubby think about anymore.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 7:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• good yes,sexy...not so much

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree with you to some extent. A little makeup and your hair brushed and clean is one thing...but having one's hair professionally done, the nail done, and other things like that are no longer practical for me. For one, not everyone can afford that and for another thing...it's going to get wrecked again in five minutes once I get home. And by "a little makeup" I mean a little... some foundation, mascara and a light gloss. I guess it depends on what you consider sexy though. My husband prefers jeans and a nice fitting shirt over tight skirts and heels...so I'm good there. But what if you man DOES find those things sexiest??? It's just not doable every day anymore!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I look good for myself and nobody else...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• not everyday...its just too hard to put that effort into it everyday unless your dating and working.

working out and keeping up in shape is something i make sure is done. i dont want to see myself go and niether does my husband.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• That is true thanks
    ToniT_of_2

Comment by ToniT_of_2 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have never looked good for "my man". I look good for ME! And I find it ludicruous that we (women) are expected to 'look good' for men. My hubby is not superficial, I'm not saying he doesn't like it when I throw on a short skirt and a low cut top, but what he finds sexiest is my brain. The fact that I can have an intelligent conversation with him is a huge turn on. I guess I'm just lucky that I'm married to a guy who values me for more than my looks.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My hubby doesn't give two craps if I am all dolled up or not, I do it for myself. I don't want to be some frumpy housewife who's picture ends up on peopleofwalmart.com. I don't go to extreme's anymore. I don't do the fake nails and mani/pedi's every week. I think I downgraded a bit because I started doing that stuff at home (with my oldest daughter).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• We don't have to be in "full makeup" and heels,etc. but it is important to be fit,at a good weight and neat hair, at least some lipstick and decent clothes. It is depressing when I see a woman with kids and she is wearing a sloppy sweat pants and t-shirt outfit and stringy hair and flip-flops....she looks depressed too. Not even the least bit attractive---very off-putting. I wonder what her husband thinks?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• "a good weight"? What if our husbands happen to like big women? You know what, I look good for myself when I want to, and my man on occassion. But for the most part, I put my energy time and money into my kids. And you know what? I wear sweats and a t-shirt to the grocery store! AND I wear shape-ups cause the grocery store IS my workout. I don't use hair products and I hardly wear makeup even when i do...eyeliner and lipstick only. You know why? Because all that crap is full of chemicals! Also, one tube of lipstick is a pack of diapers, so seriously...on a fixed budget, I'm buying the diapers!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010