Side affects from going off birth control? adult content

I've been on birth control for about four years and have recently stopped because my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I've been noticing now that I have an odor down there and I don't know if this is a side affect from going off the pill or could it just be something that's happening because we are having sex so often. I don't think I have an infection, because there aren't any other symptoms.

Does anyone know of side affects of going off the pill? Has anyone experienced this before?

jb1663

Asked by jb1663 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• You could have a yeast infection, if you eat lots of sweets.
    I've never been on the pill, good luck!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I havent noticed that from going off the pill, but my gyno said to try a epson salt bath after sex to get rid of the sex smell. If you try this and it doesnt work I would call your doc to test for an infection!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It probably is just from having so much sex. It happens to me too, its not necessarily an infecton or it may be a very minor one that doesnt go all the way.
    probably an imbalance of your PH levels from sex. I have taken rePHresh and it works. Its about 15$ a pack but it works. Sold pretty much anywhere in the feminine products aisle.

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A lot of sex can REALLy wreak havoc on your pH level...which is why I have to second what Sassy Brizzy said. If it were me, I'd get some pH Refresh and try that first.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010