enfamil restfull formula?

has anyone heard or tried this formula? i guess it is supposed to be thicker and fill baby for a longer amount of time to help them sleep. my grandma bought this to try b/c DS is not sleeping well at all. he eats 8oz every two hours. and also his pediatrician wants me to try and feed him every 3-4 hours which is hard. any advice? I want to see if it works.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 8:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It just seems wrong to me. Is this really designed to benefit the baby or to try and make life easier for the parents. Babies are supposed to wake frequently and anything that is designed to make them "sleep better" may have harmful consequences (possibly increased SIDS risks) that we just don't know about yet.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have heard of this stuff and honestly it would make me nervous. It just sounds like a bad idea. They have been trying for years to get formula as close to breast milk as non-humanly possible and then there is this stuff that claims to make babies sleep longer/better. IT just sounds odd to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i am a little nervous to try it but thought about giving him like 5-6oz instead of 8 and see what happens
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think my issue with it is that they are encouraging people to no longer add cereal to the bottles to make babies sleep longer on artificial fullness due to sids risk. The idea being that babies that sleep deeply are at higher risk. This formula totally goes against that recommendation. I looked some stuff up and other people tend to agree with this idea but nothing concrete. I dunno.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• thanks i appreciate it probably wont try it yet...am gonna call his pediatrician and ask them
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I tried it and it's just mixed with a little cereal but their mixture made my son constipated so I just did it my way a put a little cereal in his bottle to thicken it up and he didnt get as constipated. also if your gonna use it you may need to get a faster flow nipple. because of its thickness it clogs the nipple.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010