Does the baby have a decrease in movement before going into labor?

I am two days past my due date and for the past-week almost- he has had a large decrease in movement. I still feel him move, so I know he's alright, but I don't get him kicking the hell out of me when I'm trying to fall asleep anymore.

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 8:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your probably just running out of space in there for the little guy, s long as you can feel him move everythings fine!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have heard that but my baby boy was kicking me all through labor. NOT NICE. lol It really hurts to be kicked during a contraction.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think so, but I have also heard of being induced for decreased movement.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Usually within the last month you'll feel a decrease in movement. The space is small, the child is head down, and it makes it hard for him to kick around like before. It doesn't mean labor is close, it just means the baby is in position.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010