Just found out and now wondering about adult content

Hello, I just joined and was hoping to hear some advice from moms and soon to be moms. I found out I was pregnant two days ago after going into the doctor for shortness in breath. He said it was anxiety but that I was pregnant. Has anyone else experienced a need for deep breaths and yawning while being pregant? I cannot be more than 4 weeks at most, would I even show symptons yet? It came as a huge shock as my husband and I were not trying. I feel tired, still in need of deep breaths that don't always satisfy me, I have stomach cramps and once in a while my stomach hurts after eating. The doctor did an EKG and a few other things and told me I was fine but I'm still waiting for blood test results and I'm really having a hard time waiting cause I'm starting to stress that something else might be wrong and I just really want to be healthy for my baby and know that these symptoms are normal. I'm still searching for an OB/GYN.

Charmasina

Asked by Charmasina at 8:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES! I complained for months to my ob about not being able to get the satisfaction from a breath...It was stopping me from eating sleeping walking....I just couldn't breath. They kept blaming it on my pregnancy and my diaphrame...blah blah blah till one day I couldnt take it anymore I flipped out and the sent me to a pulminary doc and low a behold I had asthma....yes pregnant can cause it. he put me on meds and I could breath again. I could eat and do things normally. It took me four months to freak out and it started atmost immediatly after i found out i was pregnant....dont let them keep pushing you aside. you need to breath so your baby can breath. needless to say I found me a new ob halfway through my pregnancy....and the meds didnt hurt the baby at all. good luck
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sorry the yes was not to answer the 'is it normal' question....it was a little excitment cause you just described what i went through and till now I was begining to think i may have been the only one :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Haha. Thanks so much for your comment. I don't know much about asthma. The doctor did an oxygen test in my blood with this weird thing that went on my finger, etc. It was 100%. Could I still possibly have asthma? I wondered if that might be what it was. I've had this deep breath feeling before in short spurts, like 5-10 minutes and as soon as I'd get the breath I needed it'd go away but now, even when I get a satisfying breath it just keeps happening. I force yawns all the time. I was also worried about some thyroid disorder. It's really got me stressed and I'm trying not to be since I was told its bad for the baby. Ugh, life has been so stressful lol!
    Charmasina

Comment by Charmasina (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Every woman experiences pregnancy different. Some get symptoms early and some later on in the pregnancy. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:28 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• they checked my thyroid too it was fine. and when they put the thing on my finger it was good too, but when i actually went a did a pulmonary test on my lungs is when they found it....i dont know much about asthma either but i know the meds helped me to breathe. your describing exactly what i was doing and saying, it wouldnt hurt just to check into it and it could make you feel better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thank you Finkette, I'll definitely ask the doctor to do a more thorough search. While the breathing thing has eased and seems to go away if I don't think about it, I do feel like it's something I shouldn't have to deal with constantly. I sometimes get out of breath while chewing food and just ughhhh! lol
    Thanks again for all the help! Appreciate it!
    Charmasina

Comment by Charmasina (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010