When do babies usually start teething?

My son is almost 3 1/2 months old and I was just wondering when it is usual for him to start teething? He is drooling alot more....I know it is the calm before the storm! lol

Thanks,
Kelly and Hunter

LuvBeinganAKMom

Asked by LuvBeinganAKMom at 8:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think average is around 4 months but it can really be any time. My DH got his firs tooth at 13 months! A very very few babies are born with teeth.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• it can be as early as three months. it was fo rmy daughter. she began putting fingers to mouth and even after i re-fed her at breast fully! She also whined and cried/fussed. I used withmy son and now her, hylands teethign tablets that dissolve under tongue. use four at a time and this calms them and they may evenfall asleep at the relief. i woudl be on a commercial for them., my mother is a registered nurse and i also looked teething up on webMD and it said as early as four months and gives a list of symptoms to watch for. take a look at it.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my daughter is ABOUT to turn 8 months now,,,, and has TWO bottom teeth broken thru! they just appeared liek two weeks agao out of nowhere!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Anywhere between 4 to 12 mos.
    UVWray

Answer by UVWray at 8:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i was told 3 months but it just depends on when the teeth wont to come in... my 2 yr old got his fist one when he was 1
    Levink_08

Answer by Levink_08 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son broke his 1st tooth at 3 1/2 month and the second a week or 2 later. I heard thats a bit earlier than average but ever baby different!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my daughter is 3 months and 1 week and is teething sooo bad! she just chews on her fingers then starts crying and then chews even harder :( I can see on the bottom of her mouth a white mound like one is wanting to poke through already.. my son's first tooth came in at 4 months
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• 4 to 10 months. It's a BIG range :) My son cut his first tooth at 10 months. Some babies are born with teeth.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My son is 11 weeks now and started teething a month ago. He is about to cut a top tooth. I thought it would be a few months before this started lol... I guess it is different for every little one :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 12:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010