Weird.

After I use the bathroom, pass a bowel [TMI, I know!!!!], I get a pain in my left side, I don't know if it's ligaments or what...Anyone else have this issue? It doesn't do this everytime.

Sometimes I feel it in my hip bones aswell...
Note: I have been constipated a lot lately.

I'm 21wks.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could be straining too hard. And it's not TMI, hell, I get constipated all the time too! I'm 32 weeks, 33 weeks tomorrow :D

It's probably just ligament pains. You'll notice that when you're straining to do #2, you strain everything, including your ab muscles and pretty much everything you've got below your belly button. At least I know I do lol. So I think that may be part of it. As long as the pain goes away, you should be fine :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I"m sure it's fine. I get that sometimes and am 21 wks too. As my doc. put it "you have a large mass in your stomach, it's going to feel weird." Unless you see blood or have cramping so debilitating you can't move, it's fine. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I am an RN.... It's probably just ligament pains... that ligament that cause that pain goes through alot of stress and changes during pregnancy. If you start bleeding is when you have to be concerned.... or if you get such pains that you cant even move... then go to ur doctors asap
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Try taking vitamin C and magnesium. I recommend about 9 grams daily of vitamin C and 2 grams of magnesium (only take extra magnesium until you are normal and do not take it your last month of pregnancy as it will stall your labor). Drink 16-20 cups of water daily. You are probably dehydrated. Also try adding more natural fiber to your diet like leafy greens, whole grains, and oats.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 7:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i suggest glazed dryed fruit. The glaze makes them taste better, and makes them more efective. they can work wonders!
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 12:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2008