Have you ever had thrush/fungal infection/yeast infection in your mouth as an adult?

If you did, what was the treatment and how long did it take until it was gone?

Everyone has the

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• Oops, I hit post before I was done... Everyone has the yeast, Candida, in their bodies and the immune system is supposed to keep it under control.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• it was after giving birth brlieve it or not... because i was on antibiotic for my emergency cesarean, and i didnt treat it, i just gargled and brushed and kept my mouth pristine and clean and it went away btu i dont recommend that you need to go to a doctor cause its serious. i am a nurses daughter so i told my mom and she kept an eye on it but then itwen taway.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• According to my mom, I was very susceptible to thrush as a baby. And I've gotten it in my mouth/throat a few times in the past couple years, usually when I was under a lot of stress. I munched on yogurt and sauerkraut, and added some extra cayenne to my dishes, and gargled with hydrogen peroxide. It has always been gone within 5 days.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am on antibiotics constantly for Lyme disease and have to take Nystatin pills in addition to the antibiotic with every dose to keep from getting it. If I still get it, I then have to take another medication to get it under control. It can be difficult to control, depending on your immune system.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i get it after surgery, so a couple times a year. if its a small case then it can go away on its own. eat lots of yogurt. your doctor can prescribe you a mouth wash cal Nistatin and cleares it up really well. Also yeast infection medication work too
    mommywood13

Answer by mommywood13 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I went to the Dr today and she confirmed that it is a fungus. Yuck! My mouth and throat are sore and bleeding when the white spots are scraped or when I eat. The Dr put me on Diflucan. She said that since I had a Methotrexate shot, which is a chemotherapy drug, for an ectopic pregnancy my immune system pretty much got wiped out making it so the yeast or fungus could grow like crazy. She said that if I had left it untreated and not take the Diflucan, it would end up in my stomach and lungs too since my immune system can't fight it off.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2010