dropped at 7 months and two weeks..

does that mean baby will come early? if so, will she be okay?

BayB

Asked by BayB at 5:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd recommend asking your doctor. I do believe that once your belly drops it's only a matter of two or three weeks but I could be wrong. It can't hurt to ask your DR what to do about it, the DR may put you on minimal movement etc to try and pro long the pregnancy to prevent the risk of a preemie
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I am an RN.... Your baby will most likely be alittle early... My baby dropped at 28 weeks and I had him at 34 weeks and he was fine... He had to stay in the hospital for a few weeks cause of his weight but he never had to be put on anything at all... I would make an appointment with your doctor so that he knows about it.... Most likely he will give you steroid shots to hep the baby and will give you a shot that will prolong labor.... If you have any other questions or concerns you can write me anytime....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I agree, the baby will probably be a little early but should be fine! My hubby was born at 26 1/2 weeks, 25 years ago and is healthy as can be! Every week that your baby stays in there is good, so just take it day by day
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My babies never "dropped". They both sat very low the whole time. People told me around 6-7 months "oh you dropped, you'll be having that baby soon"....I had my first at 41 weeks gestation and my second at 39 weeks. I think you'll be fine either way.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 7:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I have always heard they drop about 4-6 wks before delivery. All 3 of mine did and they were all full term babies. I would say you are right on track. Good Luck and congratulations on the little one.
    kdd1209

Answer by kdd1209 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2008