If Prop 19 in CA is passed today...

can I legally sit out on my porch tomorrow and smoke a bowl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope not. I think that is so disgusting and I don't want to be round that or my kids to be around it!
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I agree. I voted No. But I was just curious how long it would take to go into effect if it were passed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• never mind. check this website: http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/California_Proposition_19,_the_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2010)
    it would go into effect tomorrow but it is not allowed on school grounds, in public or in the presence of minors
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Would you ladies also vote to prohibit the sale/use of alcohol and cigs, if given the choice? I voted YES for fiscal reasons. Legalize tax, regulate- The feds will muddy the waters, if it passes.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh gee, I don't know. But I want my lungs to stay healthy--I quit regular cigs 7 years ago. And I would not want that stuff hanging in the air everywhere we go. It DOES damage lungs. It can make you way too relaxed.Sluggish. Slow. The people who are having chemotherapy do get benfits from pot and they should have it but...I am healthy and want to stay that way. And it IS just as bad as drinking too much,no matter what they say.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Wow. That's a scary thought! If it's passed, remind me to say off the roads tomorrow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

I probably would vote to prohibit alcohol if were used to it being illegal, considered a "drug" and didn't want my kids around it. Tobacco does not affect mental function so it is not comparable. I went back and forth for a while, did a lot of research, and decided that there wasn' enough preparation to control the use of it and therefore wasn't worth any financial benefit that may be gained from it. For example, law enforcement doesn't have any way of measuring a drivers marijuana consumption like they do with alcohol. As a mother, safety is more important to me than revenue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Drugs are everywhere and your kids will be exposed as teens- no matter what. The best you can do is educate and stay close to them during the hard years. Regulation can make some things safer.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes they will be exposed, yes they will still have access to it. But to me, that's not a good enough reason to legalize it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes, everyone in Cali will start smoking all day long, playing video games and Taco Bell revenues will go thru the roof. It'll be beautiful, stoned,  anarchy.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010