Has anyone else ever had this kind of weird pain?

I woke up this morning and now every time I bend over or sit up too straight, I have this sharp pain like I'm being poked from the inside, between my ribs. Like, where the sternum goes up and there's that soft spot between the two sides, it's at the top of that, like where the bottom of my bra rests. Anyone know what could cause it? It's not really intense, it's just kind of irritating.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• I get it all the time....well, often enough that I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes it hurts to even take too deep a breath because of the sharp poke-y pain.

Never went to the doctor (I, as well, just can't afford it) and, it always seems to go away after a day (or three)....
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• could be a rib out.
    you could and should go see your chiropractor.
    you could google spinal molding too
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• huh thats interesting. i dont know actually.
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 9:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I get that every once in a while. Sad to say, I've never gone to the dr about it & I can't remember what started it or what helped. Let me know if you go to the doc & what they say!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 9:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Unless it gets so intense that I can't move or breathe without excruciating pain, I won't be going to the doctor. I can't afford health insurance, and we don't have the extra cash.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Indigestion maybe?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, it's not indigestion. It feels like there's a small pointy thing there poking me, but from the inside.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have "catches" in my ribs sometimes and I have also separated rib from muscle before and it is really painful. I almost went to the ER for the second but got online and read and all they would have done is give me pain meds and send me home to rest.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010