ugh . . . potty training

Potty training 15 month dd. Everything is going really well. After she goes poo she gets really excited and stands up. This is what we call the plug. We have nicknamed it this because as soon as the "plug" is released there is more to come.

DD gets so excited that she wont sit back down. We have to do the potty dance, the walk to the toilet, say "goodbye poo," and get the chocolate chip. As soon as we flush the toilet and I turn my head, she poos more! Always on the floor.

How do I get her to finish going to the bathroom before standing up without it feeling like a punishment (ie holding her down)?

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have the chocolate chip ready for her in the bathroom, so you dont have to leave. maybe keep a small bag with a few already in it, in a cabinet. That way when she goes poop, you can hand her the chocolate before she gets off the toilet. then while she is eating (ya i know kinda gross to eat on the toilet! LOL) tell her now you have to since a potty song (make up a song about your child going potty) before getting off the potty. or count. or do something that will make her sit longer. maybe a book?

We keep 3-4 small books in our bathroom & dd gets reeces for going to the potty so I just keep a small handful in a drawer so everything we need is right there.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Tell her Mommy has to count to 25 before she can stand up to see if her poo has any friends coming....
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• maybe she doesn't have control over her bowels yet, at 15 months? I don't know but let her sit a little while longer before celebrating.
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 11:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Get a diaper back on before celebrating, than point out that she wasn't finished.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 1:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• try reading a book and ask her to sit there to the book is done.if she tries to get up say put mommy is not done read the book.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Whoa- at 15 months I'd be lucky shes pooing in the potty at all. My son is 2 and will only pee.... he will NOT poo.. ugh...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008