Is your SO addicted to online gaming?

Particularly the games where the players can talk with each other over headphones.

takeadeepbreath

Asked by takeadeepbreath at 9:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Define addicted lol. He isn't really into those live games, but he downloads a lot of older Atari and Nintendo games that you can't get anymore and spends a lot of time playing those lol. I wouldn'go as far as saying he is ADDICTED though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• YES!!! Yes yes yes he is! My SO plays Modern Warfare/COD Daily. He plays online, 100$ head set and all.
    He will play until 3,4,5 in the morning and wake up and wanna start playing again---but hes not allowed to :)

Ugh I swear sometimes I wanna break his XBox it gets so old. Its definitely a problem in our relationship.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My dh plays on the computer. I do not know what the name of the game is. I call it the other woman.. He can sit in that chair and not move for hours. Yep its a problem.
    takeadeepbreath

Comment by takeadeepbreath (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No, and I would NEVER EVER be in a relationship with a gamer! To me, it is a waste of time and life that could be better spent with good friends, your family, and children.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• yea, my dh is teh same way..hrs and hrs on the cpu playing games online.....drives me crazy, he plays till like 3 and 4 am, then when he gets up he will go out for a smoke and then come in and sit on the stupid cpu for the rest of the day.....or till i gets really Mad at him! and gets him mad enough to get off the cpu.
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• MommyLisaR- Are we with the same guy??? haha
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My dh was not a gamer when we married. Heck those types of games did not exist back then. It is something that happened so gradual over time that once I really realized it was a problem he was totally hooked.
    takeadeepbreath

Comment by takeadeepbreath (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I'm the gamer! I prefer to not play with other players though. I am on my PS3 or the computer during all my free time.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think we married triplets separated at birth...lol
    takeadeepbreath

Comment by takeadeepbreath (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• lol...he was not a gamer when i met him either....it was just gradual over time as well and before i knew it he was on the cpu all day long, i have to yell at him to get him to do something for me, but he don't think he spends that much time on the cpu!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 9:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010