Bachelor's degree completion?

I have about 109 hours of college completed. Unfortunately, I am not able to complete the last 11 hours of the program that I am in because of my schedule. I am at the point where I just want my bachelor's degree. I don't care if it is in general studies or whatever. I have heard that there are some colleges where you can take a few classes online to finish up what you need and you will have a Bachelor's in General Studies. I am having a hard time finding out any info online. Do you know of a college that does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• A lot of regular colleges will have online courses you can take to fill general requirements. Check the university that you have your previous 100+ credits from.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My college is the only college in this area (and one of the very few in my state) that does not offer online classes. = (
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sorry but I would do whatever I could to fit the last 11 hours in and finish my degree. Why stop now when you are a semester away? I have 1 semester left and I am doing whatever I need to finish. And that means finding a job that works around school. I am not stopping now.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It would take me 3 semesters to finish. One course is only offered in the summer. One is only offered in the fall and my student teaching would be in the spring. Trust me, I have tried every way possible to work around this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I googles "Bachelor's degree general studies" and got alot of hits. This one might be helpful - http://www.universities.com/Distance_Learning/Degrees_Bachelor_Degrees_General_Studies.html

otherwise, check out google with those search terms and see what you find. I hope it works out for you!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Beware that if you transfer to another college, you may lose some of your credits and need more than 11 hours to get a degree, depending on your major. Good luck!
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, 11 hours is only one semester for a full time student. Do you really want to quit now when you are only semester away from graduating?

Whatever college you choose make sure it is an accredited college, preferrably a state school with a good reputation. Stay clear of the online only schools. Not only do they have a bad reputation, but you'll end up paying more in the long run.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Why not do online?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010