If you have been divorced...

When did you know it was really over?? What was the breaking point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I knew when I found a letter he had written to his mistress and never mailed. He referred to me as "too loyal to cheat", "a good breeder" and said marrying me was "better than getting old alone" and that while I was a good companion, he'd never felt real love until he'd met her.

Well, I'm a lot of things, but an AKC registered Golden Retriever isn't one of them!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Should have known earlier - the letters from strange women... Went to counseling to get right with myself and use my strengths.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• With us, it wasn't so much a breaking point as just a break down. Things steadily deteriorated, when we tried counseling and that didn't work I decided it was over. I guess that could be considered our breaking point. We never could talk to each other without it turning into a fight. I think we were both relieved when I left.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When he put me in the hospital for the umpteenth time...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When my son would tell me the things my ex was doing to him and saying to him "when you are at work, mommy". I already knew of his anger issues and overbearing ways. I couldn't let him emotionally and verbally abuse our child anymore and I grew to not respect him and not love him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• !st marriage was when the women started calling...2nd marriage was when my 1yr old became terrified of him and I realized he was psycho.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I THINK EVERYONE'S BREAKING POINT IS DIFFERENT, OURS WAS WHEN I CHEATED
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010