what are the chances of getting adopted through the salvation army???

I am at the end of the road I have no clue what I am going to do for christmas for my little girl....I get no child support and only have $20 after paying all the bills a month and that $20 isn't even enough gas for the month....we do get food stamps thank God. But I don't want to get my hopes to high about the salvation army but what are the chances or how many people usually get picked??? has anyone ever got picked here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I am unsure of the salvation army, but I would call them asap to ask.
    Also, have you tried a local church?
    I know that many churches have funds for these reasons.
    Good luck, Mama!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 9:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• My aunt was sponsored but there was only one family from her town that got it. The kids got tons of stuff...new bikes, clothes, expensive toys, about $500 worth of stuff.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I am not sure exactly how the Salvation Army works, but sign up also go to your local social service office and see if they
    have a program, also local Churches and the Toys 4 Tots now... they will contact you when you are adopted or approved
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There are a few groups right here on Cafemom......the one I'm an "angel" (one who adopts) has a really long name but the short version: Moms who can't afford christmas for the kids

Join that or a similiar group.....post your required number of posts and then request your daughter to be adopted, I guarantee she will be adopted!!!!! Last year there were so many who needed to be adopted and not enough angels, this year there are angels searching for a family.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010