How far along in the pregnancy should you stop having sex?

Rindy139

Asked by Rindy139 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When your water breaks or your OB tells you to refrain.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Unless your doctor tells you other wise, you can have sex all the way up til labor.
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 9:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• unless my doctor tells me to stop...I'm doing it until the day the baby is born!!! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• When your OB tells you it isn't safe (if that happens for some reason), or once your water breaks. Otherwise, if you have a normal, healthy pregnancy, you can have sex while you're in labor (again, until your water breaks).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I had sex about 7-8 hours before my water broke and I went into labor with my DD. Go until the dr tells you not to, or you go into labor.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It all depends upon you sweetie. If it doesnt hurt you or make you uncomfortable or cause you to bleed then you can have sex right up until you go into labor. but it really depends upon you and your comfort-ability. also ask you doctor at your visits if you continuance effecting anything.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Once the water breaks :0) or a doctor tells you not to for other reasons.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Medically - Once your water breaks you should stop. But sex has always been to painful for me through pregnancy, so we usually stop around 12 weeks or so.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• As long as you are comfortable, there is no reason to stop until your water breaks. Plus, at the right time, it can help bring on labor.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can have sex throughout your pregnancy as long as you don't have any complications and the doctor says it's ok. If you are leaking fluid or your amniotic sac breaks I would stop having sex because it could cause an infection.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2010