Would you like this ........

ok knowing i am an animal lover i want to buy products that the shelters and local zoos are asking for because they need them to be donated, so i want to send a care package in my family members names (adults) for there christmas gift. I will still buy gifts for the children but would you think this is a nice gift?

Ericha7

Asked by Ericha7 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I think it's a beautiful gift, what a wonderful thing to do. Unlike the others, I think it's ok if you donate to a cause you feel strongly about. Everyone loves animals-well most do.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think that is an amazing expression of compassion and really shows the true reason for the season!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 9:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Are your family members animal lovers like you? I personally am not an animal lover and it wouldn't do anything for me. A donation to cancer research or something would. I think the point of a gift is for it to be something meaningful to the person you're thinking of. So, if it's in their name, it should be for a cause that is important to them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think its a good idea but like the previous poster, I think donating to a cause that they feel strongly about would be nice.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 9:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• i would love to do something like that, what a great idea!
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• well, honestly I dont think alot of people would appreciate that! Maybe they dont feel the same as you do abpout it! Someone once donated a goat in my name, and it was a bit frustrating b/c I dont like giving to other countries when we have so many in need in our own country. Just an example, but GL!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010