Anyone know anything about becoming a life coach?

I am thinking about becoming one but from the research I have done online seems like most certifications are a little iffy. Any ideas?

tisha1030

Asked by tisha1030 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Bump for ya. I haven't heard about life coaches.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think you go to school to be a life coach. I think it's more like a motivational speaker.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• That is kinda what I am thinking as well! To be a professional life coach they suggest you have a counseling and psychology background.
    tisha1030

Comment by tisha1030 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The Spencer Institute has some really good programs. Just Google it. You do not need a counseling or psychology degree to become a coach. Coaches take you from where you are in your life to where you want to be by teaching you new skills and being a support system, someone to hold you accountable. There are fitness coaches, life coaches, food coaches, prosperity coaches, etc. You can find a certification program that will teach you how to teach others. Oh, Coach One is really good for info also. Best of luck to you.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My mom went through the courses to do this, but hasn't done anything with it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010