What can I do to help labor come along faster?

37 weeks, dialeted 1cm, & I'm ready to go! I have a had a few contractions today & a for a few days now, any ideas to help move it along?

My_o_me_x_3

Asked by My_o_me_x_3 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WALK WALK WALK WALK HAVE SEX WALK WALK WALK DID I MENTION WALK? TAKE A HOT BATH,
    2ndiapers

Answer by 2ndiapers at 10:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Is this your first baby? If so, enjoy these last few days/weeks of your pregnancy. Once the baby comes, you'll be sleep-deprived for at least the next 6 months! Read books, take naps, etc.
    Anonymous

• 2nd baby & I have been walking.
    My_o_me_x_3

Comment by My_o_me_x_3 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Wondering if anything besides walking will help lol! Thanks for all the help ahead of time!
    My_o_me_x_3

Comment by My_o_me_x_3 (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sex! It put me into labor with my first. I was 3cm and 50 percent effaced. Had sex that night and was in labor when I woke up the next morning (about 7 hours later).
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• SEX!! we did it 3 times and my water finally broke at 4am! and i walked a lot!!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• at 37 weeks, I'd be doing my best at hanging on to that baby! You certainly do not want to force baby out too soon. :) Hang i there momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:17 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm 40 weeks and *looks at time* now 3 days pregnant. We've been walking constantly even though my doctor said that it doesn't help as much as people may think. She said she was 15 days late with her first and she was very active the entire time. There's pressure points I read about around the achilles heel and between your thumb and forefinger that can cause contractions if massaged for long periods of time but it hasn't been working for me.
    Good Luck!
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 1:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• WALKING IS GOOD WALKING UP AND DOWN STAIRS TOO BUT THERE REALLY IS NO WAY WHEN THE BABY IS READY THEN THEY WILL COME
    liyah317

Answer by liyah317 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• walk the weight of the baby will make you go faster.
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010