HOW CAN I GET MY STEPKIDS TO LISTEN TO ME?

they are out of control they dont listen to either parents and are always fighting, and they fight around my babies and they get phyiscal, any tips????

btw they are boys and they are 10 and 6

2ndiapers

Asked by 2ndiapers at 10:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. Sorry, after 8 1/2 years I still can't answer that question.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• After being a step child I can't answer it but i hope someone can. Good luck
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have a 9 year old step son and a 3 yr old daughter...She is my only child and my step son thinks he can get away with acting like a baby cause i have never had a kid that age yet....so i was doing everything for him like i do my daughter and then lieing and all the bad behavior came and i stoped doing things for him....Also i for you i would suggest letting your husband discipline them as much as he can and when he is not around then you need to step in and lay down the rules and expectations because if not they will walk all over you.........hope this helps.....god bless
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 11:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I wish I had some words of wisdom for you I have two amazing step sons who with the help of their mother, father, step father and myself have adjusted wonderfully to the extensions of their family. The only advice I could possibly give you is be patient no matter how hard he pushes and tell him how much you love him even on days when you feel at your wits end. Sometimes it just takes them feeling that they are cared about deeply to have things click.
    danis3plus2

Answer by danis3plus2 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• The best tip I could give is go here> marriagetoday.org
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Beat the day lights out of them
    Luckyact

Answer by Luckyact at 8:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010