how do you get a stubbborn 3 yr old to listen end behave??

time out does not work.....he refuses to use potty...help!!!!

leottie

Asked by leottie at 10:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Terrible Two's have NOTHING on Terrible Threes. Unless he has a medical issue, your son is learning, experiencing and showing his independance lol. Some kids do this quiet and calmly. Others......are a whirling durbish :). As far as the potty thing......was he totally trained and is backsliding or has he not been trained at all yet? All kids are different. Perhaps he isnt ready. Going potty is a control issue sometimes too. This one thing in there life they can control. Patience, acknowledgement and reward reward reward is really important :). Do not sway from your rules and reaction to his behavior. Three year old need to know exactly what is happening, whats happening next. Dont pull your hair out ;) Enjoy this little guy learning about life. Relax and dont sweat the small stuff with him :). He's three and hes learning.........patience momma :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Mine is EXACTLY the same way! She's "rambunctious." At least that's what I tell people. She's a little crazy and VERY independent, but it's her way of learning. Sometimes she does things, and I remember doing them myself at her age. Other times, she blows my mind. It's amazing. If you can stay calm, everything will be alright!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 2:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2010