Should I just give the car seat to someone else?

I bought my son a new car seat and I no longer need to old one, but there is nothing wrong with this seat. I loaned it to my sister for awhile and while she had it she let a friend of her's use it for a few days and it turns out this friend really really likes the seat. So when I told my sister I was giving it away she asked her friend if she wanted to have it. Her friend told her yes and my sister was supposed to pick up the seat for her when she was in town (they both live 2 hours away). However, her plans changed and she didn't drive up here, and so the seat never got picked up. Now they want me to store it here for here until one of them decides to come get it, which will not be soon because neither of them has any gas. This lady is getting a $300 car seat for free I am NOT storing it for them until they decide to come get it. I already have someone else who could use it Should I just give it to them? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell your sisters friend that, you would love to give it to her and you can only store it for a week. After that, you have someone else who would be glad to come and get it. You are not a storage unit.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'd call the gal and say just that: "There's another lady that could use the carseat, if you want it, I need you to come get it, because the other lady needs one soon too."

If she can't come get it, I'd give it to the other lady if she can come pick it up.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Give her a time limit to come get the seat, and tell her after the time is up you'll be giving it to the other person.

I'm assuming that this car seat is still considered "safe".
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I hate clutter. And who knows it could be weeks or months before they came and got it. I never realized this before either that car seats expire. Sounds crazy I know. There is a expiration date on them. Noticed that on a old booster seat I hate. I was amazed. Never knew those things could expire. But I guess thats why they update them all the time
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If someone needs it now, let it go and be happy it is being used.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010