What would YOU cut?

What would you cut from deficit spending?

Specifically...

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• War spending.
    Let the Bush Tax cuts expire.
    All unnecessary and discretionary spending.
    COL raises only for all government personal
    Subsidies to every pet project-farmers, ranchers, miners, NAs
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Cut funding for the wars in Iraq,Afghanistan and shut down some bases and posts in the world. Not needed. Stop spending billions on the Space program. Cut travel expenses and "perks" for all politicians. I will think of more later.....but what do you think,,,,a good start?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Oh YES!! Let the Bush tax cuts expire! I didn't include that but I do believe that is essentail! Thanks Sisteract.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Mom- same with the tax cuts- IF the deficit were really such a huge concern, like we've been listening to on this forum for at least A YEAR, every single person who has been complaining would step up and say those tax cuts need to expire. For whatever reason, people are quick to name crap that affects OTHERS, but as soon as a cut might hurt THEIR personal pocketbook, it's a resounding "HE!! NO." I guess they really are not that fiscally responsible and do not care all that much about the deficit impacting their children and grandchildren.

Fixing the problems will affect EVERYONE-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Do we HAVE to send rockets and shuttles into space? NO.
    DOes NASA have some important functions and a role in the economy ON EARTH,as in that Link? YES.
    ALL I said was that the Government is wasting our money by sending shuttles and rockets into space. OK?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Great start and I agree with them all....would add the dept of homeland security would be merged mightly!

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Stop spending billions on the Space program.

Why on earth would you cut the absolute only portion of the entire federal budget that actually generates revenues?? That's like starting a charity and keeping costs down by refusing to do any fundraising.

If you want to cut the budget kill the corn subsidies and quit screwing with the economy. Let it correct itself, cut pay rates starting with elected officials and a moratorium on all new spending that isn't first offset with a budget cut.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

Why on earth would you cut the absolute only portion of the entire federal budget that actually generates revenues?? That's like starting a charity and keeping costs down by refusing to do any fundraising
    ______________________________
    Please explain HOW the Space program is earning us any income/revenues??? HA.
    SOrry but sending rockets into space is too expensive.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• With everything going on in the world today, the military is the last place I would start cutting the budget. I would start by cutting foreign aid a LITTLE bit at least. I'm not saying that we shouldn't help others, but let's make sure we aren't putting ourselves into a lot more debt to do it.
    Anonymous

• Anon...do you believe that our Military should stay in Afghanstan? Do you think spending Billions is worth it? We don't want to "shut down the Military"...but why waste lives and money in order to control a country because they have OIL?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2010