Why sex is not allowed when you have a bladder infection?

Couple months ago I got a bladder infection and the doctor prescribed me some infection medicine. He also said to avoid any sexual activity until I finish the prescription. Does anyone knows why it is bad to have sex? Thanks ladies.

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Health

• Because during sex you can push or introduce new bacteria into the urethra causing a secondary infection.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I was told that sex can force more bacteria into your system, or the buggers that are already there further into your system.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You can get new bacteria and make the infection worse.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• In addition to the above, anti-biotics can reduce birth control reliability (if you're on it, that is).
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• @ mainemucicmaker, I heard that before, do you know if affects ALL kinds of birth control? I think I will post another question about this. Thanks
    bratgirln1

Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i agree, more bacteria... you can pass the bacteria to your partner... and it lessens the effectiveness of i'm pretty sure ALL birth control that isn't a "barrier" method.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I got pg with my son while on the pill and taking antibiotics...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010