Is President Obama a bad president?

I read that economist are saying that if it wasnt for what Obama did with the stimulus plans we would have gone over the economic cliff. We have made most of the money back from the bailouts and are techinically doing better economically.

The healthcare plan will help a lot of people that do not have health insurance and are unable to get to doctors that will allow them to pay on a payment plan.

He has helped a lot of poor people and not allowed rich people to get their tax breaks that they are accustomed to?

The Republicans state that they want to take their country back. Is that because Obama is a bad president?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unemployment rose throughout 1982 and, by September, the overall rate had reached double digits for the first time since 1941. A total of 12 million persons were jobless by year end—an increase of 4.2 million persons since the pre-recession low of July 1981.  Unemployment rates for every major worker group reached postwar highs, with men age 20 and over particularly hard hit.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• He went into this very inexperienced, got in way over his head, has no clue what to do next, and is too big a Narcissistic egomaniac to admit it. In the process, he is taking this country to hell in a handbasket.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 10:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Yes.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I have yet to be won over by the current adminstration, in fact I'm looking forward to a new president in 2012!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• He isn't the best, but he's not the worst either.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Tax and spend. I think there were better ways to fix the health care system than what has been forced on us. Also, he promised that people making under $250,000 a year would not see any tax increases. Now we hear that child tax credits are likely going to expire, and we will all pay a 1% tax on every transaction with our banks if HR-4646 passes. I will just say that I am not his biggest fan.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think he's doing the the best he can with this country. Mind you, this is coming from someone who did NOT vote for him, and will NEVER vote for him. However, I fully believe that we have to respect whoever is president, whether or not we agree with him. I think that the Republicans want their control back of the Congress because it's a matter of checks and balances. Right now with a Democrat President, and Democrat controlled Congress- the checks and balances system isn't happening, and I think that's essential to the success of the country.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• As far as taxes.....there were a few polls lately here in Minnesota and lowering taxes was the lowest priority, the least of the worries. We don't want to lower taxes ...we want the people of Minnesota to have the best health care,the finest schools, the safest roadways,the best police and fire departments,etc. and the services provided to continue. We already pay some of the highest taxes of all the states but we don't whine about it.Our schools ARE excellent and education is the key to future success and happiness.We believe that the nation will thrive if we all share...if Bush's tax cuts are allowed to expire.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think he's doing a good job, and he's accomplished a lot in the short time he's been in office. Why do people conveniently forget that the stimulus was started by BUSH not Obama? And it took many years to get in this situation. Deregulation of banks under Reagan gave these huge banks a lot of unchecked power, and I don't think treating corporations as people helps this situation either.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think the economic environment has been very bad for 2.5 years and that environment has greatly affected the decisions that have been made by this admin. IMO, many people have been affected by the lousy economic climate, and  are looking to place blame- Obama is at the top so he is assigned that blame.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2010