Halloween candy, bad for baby?

So.. we got a lot of candy when we took our child out trick or treating this year and I can't stop eating it!!! Is too much chocolate and candy going to hurt the baby?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if it does my baby would be dead... LOL i eat candy all the time right now because of the season. just try to be a little careful with it so you don't gain too much weight! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yeah and no.... It may cause the baby to have a high sugar level... but for the most part it shouldnt
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I'd just limit chocolate because of the caffine intake.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• your weight has nothing to do with the down side of candy. Too much sugar is bad and caffeine is also bad. Just limit your intake of sweets all together. Think of one candy bar as you would a slice of cake or a soda. There is just as much sugar in a few mini candy bars as in a bowl of cereal or non 100% juice.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 7:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Caffiene is bad for the baby, and it does have bad effects. There is caffeine in chocolate, so that tells me that yes it is bad for the baby in high doses. You need to limit the amount, even though it might be difficult. Good luck!

alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I dont think so. When I was preggo I had a love hate relationship with reeses. I loved to eat em and hated to eat anythign else LOL. My baby turned out just grogeous. You would have to eat A LOT of chocolate to get above the recommended intake amount for caffeine (which is one or two cups of coffee or 5 cans of soda) and if your really that worried go for the non chocolatey stuff or tootsie rolls (I dont think those are real chocolate)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2008