Kanye West was the lowest part of Bush's presidency, agree?

Among other things, Bush says the lowest moment of his presidency was when rapper Kanye West declared in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that "Bush doesn't care about black people." "That 'he's a racist,' " Bush told Lauer. "I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency."

Bush writes, per Lauer, that he can barely think about the moment "without feeling disgust" and that it outranks people criticizing him for the war in Iraq or his efforts to cut taxes to benefit the rich.

In the interview, Lauer interjects, telling Bush he's likely to take "heat" for saying the "worst moment" was not watching the post-Katrina misery in Louisiana but rather when someone insulted him because of that misery. "The misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well," Bush told Lauer. "There's a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• hahaha seriously...is he serious? did Bush really say that? does he not know that the majority of Americans laughed that comment off and that NO ONE takes Kayne seriously? i mean sure, it would be painful to hear someone say that about you...but the lowest part of the presidency...really?!

what were the "among other things"? i really hope theres a legit moment like 9/11 or the housing market crashing in there.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't know. I would have to take his word for it. If I were to have to guess I would have guessed 9/11.  Looks like I would have been wrong. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would think 9/11 , wars & Katrina...

Of all the people in the world I care about, An entertainer known for saying stupid shiz saying something about....

Wouldn't really fall on my radar

Especially knowing there were NO WMD's....

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Kanye West is the lowest part of any formula. However I don't see how that applies to Bush's term. I would hope Bush was mature enough not to let the ramblings of a ranting idiot hurt his feelings. Kanye is a spoiled child that makes brass assumptions and accusations anytime he doesn't get his way, Bush shouldn't have even acknowledged his comment. I can see how it might have hurt Bush emotionally, but that's what the goal of spoiled children is, to hurt people emotionally when they don't get their way in hopes of guilting the other person into caving.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

•  I would hope Bush was mature enough not to let the ramblings of a ranting idiot hurt his feelings

Apparently he wasn't

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• what were the "among other things"? i really hope theres a legit moment like 9/11 or the housing market crashing in there.

He didn't mention it in the interview..he did mention an FAKE attempt on the WH after 9/11...turned out to be nothing ..just like the FAKE poisoning.....

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Absolutely right Sweets.
    WHo cares what a Rap singer says? If that really bothers Bush more than sending thousands of our Military to Iraq to get injured or killed for a useless illegal war, then he really IS an idiot,.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010