Is reverse discrimination a problem in the United States?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I've been a victim of it myself, but I just let it go. To complain about it just gives it power.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• First, I want to say that I don't like that term. It implies that one kind of discrimination is "normal" and the other is "abnormal". I can only answer for myself. I don't feel that I've ever experienced discrimination. In the past when I've had trouble finding good jobs, it has been because of my training and skill level. Having just a high school diploma pretty much guarantees you a hard life, and having an Associate's Degree only helps slightly more when you're up against people with Master's Degrees.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• No, it's not, because "reverse" discrimination doesn't exist. Discrimination is discrimination, no matter who it is directed at.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• There is a lot of "reverse" discrimination. Sad to see our people so divided.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 4:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• ok
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Of coarse it it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Of course
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I know what you are talking about, and yes. It is a problem. But no one will ever do anything about it.
    My little brother was an all AP classes in high school., straight A's, volunteer work, EVERYTHING. But did he get into his #2 college? Nope. But the next week, there is an article in th newspaper about an illegal immigrant, who barely got a decent SAT score, cant pay for college, and has no way of getting there GOT IN. Why? She is considered a minority, and my brother isnt. Its bull.
    I think, now the playing field is as level as it is going to get. No more "minorities first". It should be based soley on MERIT now.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If you are the only white woman working with five black women in the south....you DO feel the discrimination.I can assure you. I have never felt more intimidated. It was depressing. That was about 24 years ago. I hope things have improved since then. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.So....in the real world, being honest----it does happen.And don't pretend it doesn't.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yep
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 2:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010