My lil guy is scared of his toilet

I have been trying to start working with my son on potty training, so we bought him a toilet and at first he loved it but now he is scared of it. We are just trying to introduce him to it since he is only 19 months but he wont even sit on it......so should I just stop for awhile or what??

haydensmommy009

Asked by haydensmommy009 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My twins were fully potty trained shortly after they turned three and like you I felt the pressure of getting them trained before they were two. I think my pushing them caused it to take longer so just sit back relax and don't sweat it he will let you know when he is ready.
    danis3plus2

Answer by danis3plus2 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• give it a break for a month and then try again....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I would wait 19 months is a little young anyway and if you try to force him he will get even more and more scared.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Boys potty train closer to three
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ok Thanks ladies......I definitly dont want him to be even more frightened but everyone keeps telling me to start potty training him and how lots of boys are potty trained by 2 so I was feeling the pressure but I will definitly wait

Thank you : )
    haydensmommy009

Comment by haydensmommy009 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ok thank you!! Thats what I have always heard but everyone kept insisting so thank you we will definitly be waiting : )
    haydensmommy009

Comment by haydensmommy009 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010