I would like to know what you think about being saved or born again,do you beleive once saved always saved,or you can lose your salvation?

Val504

Asked by Val504 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The once saved always saved concept is really silly. god knows your heart...there is more to serving God than just being saved...you have to serve him and the Bible can tell you how...it is great to read it.
    Anonymous

• I had a discussion with a guy about this,I have always been taught,that you could lose your salvation,and he says no you can't once you accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior,and mean it in your heart then no matter what,you will go to Heaven.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Once upon a time there was a Born again Christian and a Buddhist sitting up till one in the morning  in my kitchen talking religion....lol... so what do I think about being born again..I think it's always awesome when someone really finds a path that speaks to their heart like it did to my friend. He really moved me with his sincerity, grace and freedom he found in his newly chosen religion. I wish that for everyone. My opinion on once saved always saved, I think it depends on the individual if they keep up with their teachings, regardless of religion.Do you mean loose salvation in the eyes of G-d? If so ,I do think when you take on practicing a religion you do need to take it all the way. Not sure if I answered your question though... sorry

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 6:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i do believe u can walk away from God and turn your back on Him. So, if that's the case... then no at that point i don't believe ur saved. However, if u do walk away... u can always come back. I did which is one of the reasons I believe this way... I competely walked away from God and my "religion". I came back from God and to a relationship with him.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• read 2 corinthians 1:22 re spirit sealing and Esphesians 4:30 re not grieving the spirit. God does want you to have the security and assurance of your salvation. we all stumble and are not sinless read james 3:2
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think salvation is an ongoing thing, your whole life. It's at the end that your salvation would be determined, right?
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I don't believe once saved always saved has merit. If it did, Paul wouldn't have had to write much of the New Testament. He is always warning the new churches to stay strong and not fall away, etc.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 8:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Good point PamJM,Thanks moms for your help,I greatly appreciate it.God Bless You all
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Jesus Himself commands us to abide in Him, in John 15: 4 through 6, and He gives us a depiction of what happens if we choose NOT to abide in Him. This is the most accurate and descriptive passage I have ever found that disproves the "Once saved, always saved" theory.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i agree with bonn777 and JCRestoredme
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008