Period during pregnancy?

Have you ever had a normal period during your pregnancy? I have been having a normal period since the birth of my son last year so i havent given a second thought about being pregnant but the last week or so I have been feeling weird stuff going on in my stomach. Feels alot like the first times you feel a baby kick. At first I thought it was just gas or whatever but after all this time I am still feeling the weird feeling. I'm starting to worry that I may be pregnant and not noticed bc of my period. I'm going to take a test as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow. Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone not know they were pregnant until they were months into the pregnancy?

maddoxsmama

Asked by maddoxsmama at 10:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Although not technically a period, I have had two of them while pregnant with my 4th. I also have the 'kicks' and movement you describe. I think there is actually a term for it in woman who have been pregnant, Most likely it is nothing - but take the test to be sure! I have often felt those 'kicks.'
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Doctors say that it isn't an actually period but some kind of vaginal bleeding due to pregnancy complications. I think almost all the girls on the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" had it. My friend didn't know she was pregnant until she was 6 months. She had her period every month and only got a little gut. Her daughter was born completely healthy nevertheless and same for every story I've seen on the show.
    Only way to know for sure is to take that test though. Good Luck!
    slowyourrole

Answer by slowyourrole at 1:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thanks. I'm going to test as soon as I get money. (we were robbed the other night,all of our money was taken.) Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow. Ive always had a bigger stomach but it seems to be growing, and i've felt kinda nauseous here and there. I will be so happy if I am pregnant but scared at the same time.
    maddoxsmama

Comment by maddoxsmama (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Go to the dollar store for your test!! I know it still costs, but they are just as effective. At one dollar it is very inexpensive!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes but you could have a inflection, like yeat or somethings go to the health clinic
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My girlfriend had this happen. She had regular bleeding for the first 4 months of her pregnancy just as if she had been having a period. I agree with micheledo, go to the dollar store, also remember that if you are that far along you might not get a strong positive, its never made sense to me but thats what they say. No matter what the result is though get to a clinic!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 8:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010