What do you do when you and your hubby cant decide on baby names??

My honey and I are having a hard time deciding on baby names......we still have a long way to go (im only 4 weeks) but Im just wondering what you do if you both cant agree cuz I have found a boy and a girl name that I just love and he just hates lol.....so what do you do??

haydensmommy009

Asked by haydensmommy009 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• Hubby and I compromised....he made a list of 5 names that he liked and I a list of 5 that I liked...we picked the first name off of his list and the middle from mine. I named our son so it was only fair to let him have a say in our daughters name :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• You've got plenty of time, don't stress over it yet. We had trouble with my last son's name and I think we settled it a week before he came into the world. Whatever you decide, make sure it's a name that both of you can live with. Why don't you get a book with baby names and each of you go through it and write down the names that you like. Do it separately, not together. After each of you has had a chance to write down the names that you like, go through it and see if you might have a name in common. Who knows, it's possible.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We had the same problem and actually came up with one the day we were leaving the hospital. They wouldn't let us leave until we put a name on the birth certificate and thankfully it all worked out. Seriously it was like 20 minutes before we walked out the doors, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe you should each make a list of the ones you like and then when the baby is born, you both may be able to agree on one.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010