Do you think that your vote (or anyone's vote) counts?

Why or why not?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Does ONE vote count? Yes and No. But does 100,000 votes count? Yes... That's the point of voting...

Right now in my state, the Senate race is literally 50/50, they are separated by less than 1500 votes, with over 90% reporting... So in cases like this, yes, every single vote counts... But in the majority of cases, it's not that close... But if 50,000 people don't vote, THAT counts, THAT makes a difference...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• apparently not...i think the ppl in my state just flat out voted down the GOP party line instead of looking at the actual ppl running cause they've been told they should be "angry" at the Dems. so while my vote was counted, it didnt matter or make a difference, but then 1 vote rarely does...its about the majority of voters, not the individual voter.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• For now, Yes. They may not listen when 80 or more percent of the country said we dont want Obamacare, but they sure perk up and listen when they are booted out of office, don't they?
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think it can make more of a difference in swing states, but I still vote each election even though my vote rarely ends up counting in my state. If a lot of people are not voting, those individual votes can add up and make a big difference. So, yes I think it counts and everyone should vote.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Everyone should vote, but not every single vote counts. It depends on where you live and who you're voting for.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• At the state and local levels, yes. Federal level, not so sure. I think whoever the big money groups want on the ballot will be the names on the ballot. I also think the big money controls the election outcomes and dictates what policies are made along the way.

Really how would we know if they were pulling the wool?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I think this time it might. We are so close in the governer race that mine will count.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 1:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yes, each one adds to another and so on and so on...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If your guy won and you voted then your vote counted. You could say if you voted for the loser your vote still counted, just for the other guy!
    There is no electoral college in midterms so YES every ones vote counts.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2010